Ari Sivula, Programme Manager
"Teaching Students with the Practical Mindset to Develop Competences in the Field of Complex Environments, Projects and Analytics"
- Head of the Industrial Management Team (Head of Department)
- University Lecturer and Programme Manager, Master’s Programme in Industrial Systems Analytics
- Doctor of Science in Economics and Business Administration (Industrial Management), University of Vaasa
- Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration (Computer Science), University of Vaasa
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Information Technology (Software Engineering), Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences
- Pedagogically Qualified, JAMK University of Applied Sciences
- Several Certifications in Field of Technology (e.g. CCNA and CSSBB)
- Comprehensive experience in public and private sector mostly in research, development, innovation, system and software development projects
- Has been acting as a project manager more than 7 years, as a systems analyst more than 5 years and as a part-time teacher more than 2 years in technology related topics (e.g. networking technology and programming) before starting working as the industrial systems analytics university lecturer and programme manager
- Strong practical background, for example, in projects, project portfolios, analytics, quality improvement, software engineering and teaching
The School of Technology and Innovations is in close cooperation with global companies. Many students have the chance to carry out internships within companies, and many of the students write their theses for a company. The Master's Programme in Industrial Systems Analytics provides content, models and methods to design, develop, implement and operate complex processes and systems in the energy sector organizations.
"Modern organizations and their products and services are getting more and more complex and requires totally new kind of management, engineering, analytics and technologies. Projects are main aspects in any development energy sector industrial systems and their improvement. Industrial Systems Analytics programme provides these skills for students among important theories and practicalities of the topic.”
Students will meet Dr. Ari Sivula on several Industrial Systems Analytics (ISAN) courses, for instance, Project Portfolio Management, Analytics in Project Management, Project Management, Lean Six Sigma Statistical Control and Service Design.
Current research interests
- Innovations, innovation management, innovation ecosystems and NPSD
- Crowdsourcing, platform economy and gamification
- Industrial Internet and IoT
- Project management and its several forms
- Big data and data analytics
Tel: +358 29 449 8314