Accreditations, rankings and audits
The University of Vaasa emphasis accreditations as a means of developing the quality of the operations. The target for the University of Vaasa is to have all its educational programmes accredited internationally in the future.
The EPAS accreditation is the most thorough programme accreditation system for business and/or management programmes. It is acknowledged worldwide by potential students, employers, clients and the media. The international accreditation of the German ASIIN-organisation focuses on reviewing and certifying Bachelor and Master programmes in engineering, computer science and in natural sciences.
The AACSB-accreditation process for business studies started at the University of Vaasa during fall 2017 and ends year 2024. The university is currently in the process of implementing development activies recognised in the self-evaluating phase.
EPAS-accredited programmes in business studies at the University of Vaasa:
- Master's Degree Programme in International Business (tuition in English)
- Master’s Degree Programme in Finance (tuition in English)
- Master’s Programme in Strategic Business Development (tuition in English)
ASIIN-accredited programmes in engineering at the University of Vaasa:
- Master's Programme in Industrial Management (tuition in English)
- Master's Programme in Systems analytics (tuition in English)
- Bachelor's Programme in Technology (tuition in Finnish)
- Bachelor's Programme in Industrial management/Information Systems Science (tuition in Finnish)
- Master's Programme in Electrical Engineering and Energy Technology (tuition in Finnish)
- Master's Programme in Information Systems Science (tuition in Finnish)
- Master's Programme in Technical Communication (tuition in Finnish)
Auditing allows to evaluate the quality system and its effectiveness. The quality system of the University of Vaasa has been audited, as all Finnish universities' quality systems, by the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre.
University rankings are evaluations of quality that rank the targets based on calibrated performance indicators.There are several kinds of rankings from evaluations of institutional research to web rankings. The University of Vaasa participated in the U-Multiranking in 2013.
Other external evaluations. The University of Vaasa has participated since 1991 in numerous external evaluations. They have focused on individual disciplines to university level evaluations, and resulted in numerous national quality labels and rewards.
The University of Vaasa also regularly carries out an evaluation of its research activities. The evaluation is an external peer review carried out by international panels of independent scientific experts, and it is based on background material and site visits. The purpose is to compare the university's research activities and quality internationally, to develop the research activities generally, to offer international feedback and to identify research groups performing on a high scientific level.