Mohammed Elmusrati, Professor
- Full Professor of Communication and Systems Engineering
- Head of the International program of Industrial Digitalization
- Doctor of Science (Tech.), Automation Department, Aalto University - Helsinki (2004)
- Licentiate of Science (Tech.) ”with distinction”, Control Engineering Lab., Aalto University - Helsinki (2002)
- Master of Science “with high honor”, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Benghazi – Libya (1995)
- Senior Member of the IEEE
- Member of the Automation Society in Finland
- Member of SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics)
- Full Professor (Permanent position) and Head of Industrial Digitalization (ex. name: Wireless Industrial Automation) Group – School of Technology and Innovations- University of Vaasa - Finland, starting from 1.6.2009 - present
- Professor at Telecommunication and Systems Engineering – Faculty of Technology, University of Vaasa starting from 01.08.2007-31.5.2009.
- Visiting Professor at Faculty of Electronics, Communications, and Automation, Aalto University (previous name: Helsinki University of Technology) – Finland from 2015-present
- Full-Time Senior Lecturer and Researcher at Department of Computer Science, University of Vaasa – Finland from 1-8-2004 to 31.7.2007.
- Visiting Researcher at Radio Lab. Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) – Stockholm – Sweden during 2003.
- Researcher Scientist: at Helsinki University of Technology, Control Engineering Laboratory from 1-9-1999 until 31-07-2004.
- Full-Time Lecturer Assistant at Faculty of Engineering- Benghazi University – Benghazi - Libya, from fall 1995 to spring 1999.
Elmusrati has about 25 years of teaching experience in different international universities. During this period, he has taught many courses in different areas/fields and for different scientific levels. Some of the courses are:
1. Undergraduate (B.Sc.) courses:
- Control Engineering
- Numerical Analysis
- Microwaves Laboratory
- RF Technology
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- Logic Design
- Linear Systems
2. Graduate (M.Sc.) courses:
- Advanced Signals and Systems
- Machine Learning
- Broadband Wireless Communication
- Mobile Networks
- Digital Communication
- Advanced Telecommunication Theory
- Radio Resources Management
- Computer Simulations
3. Postgraduate (PhD) courses and seminars:
- Game Theory with Engineering Applications
- Kalman Filters
- Stochastic Estimation with Engineering Application
- Advances on Telecommunications
- Wireless Automation
- Advanced Machine Learning
Elmusrati has also been supervising about 18 PhD students, where 8 have graduated. He has also supervised about 100 master theses as well as many B.Sc projects.
- Machine Learning Algorithms and Applications
- Biotechnology and Drug Discovery
- Smart Systems (mainly smart energy)
- 5G Networks with Industrial Applications
- Radio Resource Management in all Generations Mobile Communication Networks
- Beamforming and Spatial Multiplexing
- Stochastic Processes: Modeling, Estimation and Control
- Game Theory and Multi-Objective Optimization
- Wireless Sensor Network with Agricultural applications
- Author and co-author for more than 130 papers and reports. Publication List: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MBHtqycsa5aPd5dJDycBHKuitMcXICPwsiwagepGfTc/edit
- Co-author of the textbook “Systems Engineering in Wireless Communications”, publisher: J. Wiley, Nov. 2009, ISBN 978-0470021781.
- Author of a new book still under preparation “Uncertainties: Modeling and Simulation”
ResearchGate: Mohammed Elmusrati