Fundraising committee chaired by Anne Berner accelerates University of Vaasa’s fundraising campaign
The fundraising committee is chaired by board professional Anne Berner.
- The research and education fields of the University of Vaasa have a significant impact on the development of the Finnish economy. By supporting the expertise of the University of Vaasa, we strengthen the and develop a more vigourus Finnish economy, says Berner.
The external members of the Committee are:
- Paula Risikko, University of Vaasa Honorary Doctor and Member of Parliament
- Emilia Kullas, University of Vaasa alumnus of the director of EVA
- Heidi Jaara, University of Vaasa alumnus, entrepreneur and board member
- Jussi Tolvanen, University of Vaasa alumnus and CEO of Microsoft Oy
Internal University of Vaasa committee members are:
- Johnny Åkerholm, Chairman of the Board
- Anne Korkiakoski, Deputy Chairman of the Board
- Jari Kuusisto, rector
- It is very important that we reach all potential donors both in Finland and abroad. Thanks to their extensive networks and experience, the members of the committee are able to support us in raising funds and help us find new partners, says Åkerholm.
The target of the University of Vaasa's fundraising campaign is to raise EUR 5-7 million of private funds for the matched funding scheme by the Finnish state. Each donated euro up to 11 million euros is matched by up to 2.5 euros by the state. A key objective with the fundraising campaign is to build long-term strategic partnerships.
Board professional Anne Berner, email@example.com
Rector Jari Kuusisto, University of Vaasa, tel. +358 29 449 8291, firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnny Åkerholm, Chairman of the Board of the University of Vaasa, email@example.com